[time-nuts] Rain, Water, etc

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Mar 7 03:10:52 UTC 2006

I think the problem with rain is not the effect on the direct signal,
which is negligible as your calculation showed, but the effect of
multipath.

Is a rain cloud is nearby, it could reflect signals with significant
strength, causing multiple receptions at your location, with signals
that may have traveled many more miles than the main signal.

Didier KO4BB