[time-nuts] M12+ Temp sensitivity

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Wed May 3 19:00:06 UTC 2006

Said,

We whined about the lack of a shield over the RF section as soon as the
first M12 appeared. It all came down to the face that Motorola's "big"
customers didn't want to pay the extra .50 for the shield. This is why I
designed the shield can. It's kind of an ugly solution, but it allows
the receiver to work better in environments containing RFI and
temperature variations. If you want to have some fun, put an M12+ in an
enclosure with a thermostatically controlled fan..... Wheeeeeeeee....

Randy