[time-nuts] Oncore 1pps driver & LED

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Thu May 4 19:42:08 UTC 2006

Glenn,

You can drive the LED from the DCD line, but along with a series
resistor you need to be sure to include an extra steering diode in
series with the LED. LED's have absolutely no sense of humor about being
reverse biased above a volt or two. This might also affect your 1PPS
pulse accuracy. If you do it this way use a high efficiency LED and draw
as little current through the LED as necessary.

Randy