[time-nuts] Motorola GPS models

Artur Dworak sp5qan at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:33:05 UTC 2006

Hello list,

This is my first post to this list.
Ok, lets go, my name is Artur Dworak, my ham call SP5QA and I'm from
Poland. I run some public ntp servers for local network community.

Some days ago i found in my drawer one motorola GPS ONCORE MN:
R1221N1112 SN: R009G6 with date: 01/29/97

This unit left after acient network project about more then 4 years ago.

I don't know it is UT or GT unit.

Randy, can You help me determine what is it ?

I'm asking about this, becouse last ( second storm for this year ) bewl
my motorola UT+.  I'm looking at this old unit as repleacement. It's
suprasing, becouse 40 cm other big black,( about 15 cm fi ) marine
motorola GPS antenna is still working ok on my roof. About 5 or 6 years
without problems. But Oncore was connected to better, new antena..
Now Garmin GPS-25HVS is still working with old antena, Oncore UT+ is
dead (with antena too)...

Best regards,

Artur Dworak SP5QA