[time-nuts] ICS525 synthesizer performance

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun May 14 23:56:25 UTC 2006

Hi Brooke --

Sure, no problem linking.

The primary application I'm looking at is digital clock replacement,
particularly replacing a PC motherboard clock for NTP timekeeping.  But
it's a versatile chip and I suspect folks will come up with other ideas.

It's interesting that you've pushed the limits of the output so far.  My
friend with the 3048A is interested in a lower frequency application,
and I have one in mind as well.  We decided that starting from a higher
frequency and then dividing down might yield better phase noise, so I'm
considering adding a single divider chip to the board to allow a
selectable div by 64 or 128 on the output as an option.

John
----