[time-nuts] Entry level systems

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Thu May 25 00:04:43 UTC 2006

Keith E. Brandt, M.D. wrote:

>   Thanks for the reply.
>   I am starting from essentially nothing. The most practical use I would
>   have is a primary source for NTP. Other than that, it would be
>   experimenting with setting up an accurate time source.

You can forgo the local freq. std. if your just want to run an NTP
server. They're great to have, but can be added later. "Most" GPS's with
a serial connection will work well enough for many applications. The
Motorola OnCores are supposed to be quite good. I'd like to say I've got
mine up and running, but the truth is that I've spent the past week
dealing with the disaster of a fish pond in my back yard.

cheers,
glenn