[time-nuts] Help with an hp 8642a

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Thu Nov 2 15:21:53 UTC 2006

At 3:53 PM -0800 11/1/06, Doug Millar wrote:

>   A little off topic but hope you can help. The fan quit in my HP
>8642a signal generator. Anyone have a schematic or any advise. The
>fan is curiously embedded in the chassis. I think it will take a
>'"fan ectomy" to get it out. Was planning to use it on the FMT. I
>could lay another fan over it or just not turn it on too long.
>	Doug

Doug,

I had some fan trouble with HP 8672A, which uses an AC fan that
resembles a muffin fan minus the outer shell. It needed some cleaning
and reoiling. Replacements are simply not available; you have to make
it work with what's there already.

I once designed some equipment for the phone company - one of their
special requirements was convection cooling. After a few cooling fan
wild-goose-chases, I can appreciate that.
--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/