[time-nuts] Wavecrest counter

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sun Nov 5 17:47:57 UTC 2006

Hi!

This weekend I spent a few cycles on making my Wavecrest SIA-3000P more
interactively usefull. The P model has no front display and keyboard, but
hooking up an VGA monitor at the back gave me a picture. The next thing was to
get a mouse working over USB, but I needed a keyboard to press enter in the
Win98 driver installation stuff. However, poping the lid up I hooked a normal
PS2 keyboard to the keyboard connector of the processor board, hit enter a few
times and away I was and had a working USB mouse. However, I want a keyboard
too and don't want to fiddle around by letting the keyboard be stuck through
the GPIB port or something similarly stupid. So, I just went out and bought
myself a USB hub (first time ever) and USB keyboard (first time ever) and sure
enought, it was again simply accepting the installation stuff and I had both
the USB mouse and USB keyboard operating over the USB hub. Now I have closed up
the SIA and later tonight I have to find a nice spot in the lab for it.

Anyway, if you guys would run into one of these, now you know what you have to
do. There is a few other things I would like to do with it, but that will have
to wait.

Cheers,
Magnus