[time-nuts] HP 5060A option 004

Marc Bury marc_bury at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 5 17:49:14 UTC 2006

Chuck,

Thanks for your explanations.
I gathered from HP Journals from september 1973 that option 004 was indeed an upgrade for the 5060A and 5061A, using a dual Cesium ions beam in a slightly longer tube
So size does matter sometimes !
I also read abour the HP 10638A external degauss accessory (two level AC power supply form what I understand), but not about the AC/DC heater issue.
These tubes also had a shorter life: about half the original one, which would account nicely for the double ion beam, so mine may well be pumped out; its warranty expired in 1985.

I put pictures of it on the web: http://tichu.free.fr/HP_5060A/
As con can see, some controls on the front were removed (scavenged ?), but the oven  labels have been painted over: was it part of the option 004 tube upgrade ?

About the manuals: would you consider parting from them ? or lending them to a good soul that could scan them and build a PDF for the HP archives or agilent website ?