[time-nuts] Frequency processing scheme of HP5065 vapourrubidium standard

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Mon Nov 6 13:33:23 UTC 2006

Hi Poul-Henning,

> They don't have a "correct" frequency, only a very stable frequency.
>
> The actual resonance frequency of a rubidium standard depends
> amongst other things on the partial pressures inside the
> physics package.

We are well aware of these facts! But if THAT were the reason to correct
for with different thumbwheel settings would not EVERY rubidium standard
in the world desperately need this kind of correction feature?

Both my FRK-L and my LPRO need only C-field correction to get the
nominal 10.0000000 MHz out of it. Or has HP not been able to build the
physics packages more 'repeatable'?

Cheers
Ulrich