[time-nuts] Frequency processing scheme of HP5065 vapour rubidium standard

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 7 21:47:05 UTC 2006

In message <9495.192.25.240.225.1162935068.squirrel at webmail.sonic.net>, "Rick K
arlquist" writes:

>I can also tell you (having investigated this sort of thing)
>that adding varactors to the cavity to tune it is a huge can of
>worms that you want to avoid if at all possible.

Apart from being a can of worms, wouldn't it also be pointless ?

Every CBT will have to be corrected for relativistic height anyway
so wouldn't the tuning just turn into yet a C-field and not add
any actual improvement ?

If I have understood it right, the main thing about the RF part of
the cavity is stability and symmetry, more than precise dimensions ?