[time-nuts] What is UTC after all?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Nov 11 17:25:25 UTC 2006

In message: <4555CFF8.4030602 at cox.net>
            Didier Juges <didier at cox.net> writes:
: Here, we need a month to find out how many nanoseconds we were off...
: That's a lot of data to keep track off if you actually need the ultimate
: accuracy. I would not want to be the one counting nS for a month...

UTC is the realization of time sources from around the world.  I don't
know if it still takes a month to publish the data, but I do know that
the data is accumulated in files, and those files need to be sent to
BIPM manually.  I believe that there are efforts underway to harmonize
the output format of the different timing systems to streamline the
process...

Warner