[time-nuts] Z3801A

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Sun Nov 12 21:33:29 UTC 2006

> (http://www.jackson-labs.com/docs/Fury_Flyer.pdf)
>
> It's available in double-oven version (SC-Cut Crystal) and single-oven
> AT-cut.
>
> Software compatible to the HP GPSDO's, but lot's better performance.
>
> bye,
> Said

Hi Said,

Maybe I'm missing something. Your PDF data sheet shows
a GPSDO with stability in the range 1.5e-12 to 3.5e-12
dropping to around 8e-13 at tau 20k seconds.

A typical HP GPSDO (e.g., 58503A/B or Z3801A), as in:
http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/hp58503b/log19395v.gif
shows a stability in the range 0.8e-12 to 3.0e-12 dropping
to around 5e-13 at tau 20k seconds.

Don't get me wrong; I like your small, modern, and relatively
inexpensive GPSDO, but can you clarify for us what you
mean by "lot's better performance"?

/tvb