[time-nuts] West Coast FMT

James Maynard james.h.maynard at usa.net
Fri Nov 17 07:40:13 UTC 2006

Henry Knoepfle wrote:
> Did anyone hear the west coast station?  I and another station here in
> Tucson did not.

I heard it in Oregon. Strong at first, then faded somewhat. I think the
skip was lengthening...

I made measurements on W1AW, too, although it was well down in the
noise. (I did make its call sign out, once, which helped me to ideentify
its trace in Spectrum Lab's waterfall display.)

For me, ionospheric doppler and multipatgh blurred the trace of WA6ZTY
muchless than that of W1AW.  That is, WA6ZTY had a much brighter and
narrower trace on the waterfall display.

--
James Maynard, K7KK
Salem, Oregon, USA