[time-nuts] Symmetricom 4-Port GPS SmartSplitters' on eBay

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Wed Nov 29 17:21:30 UTC 2006

>  From a closer examination of the photos, it looks a lot like the old HP
> splitters -- I wonder if Symmetricom took those products over when it
> bought the T&F business?

Yes, some of the models look exactly the same, even the sticker style hasn't
changed.

The 090-58537-01 seems like a new model though, it has a micro-controller in
it, what advantage that truly is I don't know. I'm sure all of their models
work equally well. Any of their active splitters you can also cascade
without any issues (if you need more ports).

Currently on eBay I've seen the following items that have been listed for a
while:

2 way - 58512A - $50
4 way - 58516A - $89 & $200
8 way - 58517A - $125
2 way - 58535A - $100
4 way - 58536A - $200

The 8-way seems a good deal, but I don't need that many ports.