[time-nuts] Re : Difference between these two oscillator boards?

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Thu Nov 30 22:03:23 UTC 2006

Okay, that was weird, it didn't post all of my reply... Here's the rest from
my previous message.

>From what I have read, you can put replace a 10544A with a 10811 without any
problems (backwards compatible), but the reverse is not always true.

Anyhow, James gave this bit of info:

equipment (such as the HP5328A counter), with the 10544A oscillator.  It has
just the basic elements to support the oscillator; essentially a voltage
regulator and a little filtering here and there.

The larger board was introduced later and included the above, but also extra
stuff to provide:

* Automatic detection of external 10 MHz source
* Buffered 1 MHz and 10 MHz to the external world.
* Support for 10544A and 10811A oscillator (little difference electrically)