[time-nuts] Oscillator Analyzer on Ebay

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Oct 10 17:41:04 UTC 2006

Hi Magnus,

Yes, I did see some other units on Ebay recently, except those will only
work controlled by the GPIB input, they are configured to be used  remotely
inside test equipment, and they seem to  be untested.

My unit has been "decrypted" if you will - it runs as a standard  Windows PC,
with network interface, monitor,  keypad/mouse etc. All it takes is a PC
monitor. The other unit's  are quite good deals if you are willing to take them
apart and spend about 3  weeks fiddling with the software  and hardware to
unlock the embedded  OS :) - then again that could be a nice challenge to have.
Wavecrest  tweaked the OS so that only the Visi application runs and nothing else.

I will ship to Europe upon request, it's just a bit of a pain for the
paperwork (Proforma invoices, export regulations to some countries, payment from
Europe etc) so I don't list Europe by default.

But for $300 as you mentioned: that's less than what the National
Instruments PCI-GPIB NI-488.2 card inside the unit sells for - great deal if you  need
one!

Plus there is a nice embedded Pentium III computer...

bye,
Said

> Hello Fellow time nuts,

Hi  Said,

It looks interesting. However, according to they ebay listing, you  don't ship
my way. Compare to the other units up there, 300 USD and they ship  worldwide.

Cheers,
Magnus