[time-nuts] HP 5370A

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sun Oct 15 15:14:32 UTC 2006

Didier Juges wrote:

> PS: The card edge connectors on this unit are extremely tight. I
> "easily" broke one of the extractor on the CPU card, and the ROM card

I am very careful to remove boards like this, I don't like to break the
extractors.  Once I get them removed, I give the card edge a wipe with
one of those "gold saver" wipes made by Chemtronics and others.  It adds
a little touch of a silicone lubricant to the fingers and reduces the
insertion force by about 5x.  Plus, it cleans the gorp off of the gold
fingers.

-Chuck