[time-nuts] HP8568B firware eproms anyone ?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Oct 18 21:48:30 UTC 2006

My HP8568B has started to do weird things, and as far as I can find
out, the A15U37 Eprom is hosed.

According to the label, the HP partno for the contents is 85660-80080

The chip has a HP partno of 1818-3329 but looks like a regular
AMD27256 Eprom to me.

Anybody out there with a 8568B who are also able to email me the
contents of the four eproms on A15 ?

I'm not sure if the firmware of the 8566B is different from the 8568B,
anyone know ?

I think this is the second report of eprom failures I recall on the
list, should we start to make a EEPROM library for futures sake ?

Poul-Henning