[time-nuts] ARRL 2006 Frequency Measuring Test

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Thu Oct 19 03:26:41 UTC 2006

I had planned to participate the last 2 years, but got distracted both
times. Hopefully, this year will be the charm :-)

I better have my GPS stabilized clock working by then (to drive the HP
3586A receiver, and the HP 3570A counter for the decoded audio), no more
excuses...

Interestingly, the HP 5370A measures the 10 MHz timebase of the 3586 as
10,000,000.010 Hz after warmup (0.1sec gate time), and without any
adjustment. Both use 10811 crystal ovens (high stability option). I
calibrated the 3586 against WWV earlier this year, which could only get
me to within 0.1Hz anyhow) but I would be surprised if the 5370A (just
purchased) has been calibrated in the last 10 years.

Didier KO4BB