[time-nuts] HP8568B firware eproms anyone ?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Fri Oct 20 00:24:32 UTC 2006

My kind of guy :-)

Congratulations!

Reminds me a long time ago when building 120 audio amplifiers as part of
a college hobby gone crazy, I had laid out my PWB for mini-DIP (DIP8)
op-amps (uA709, because that's all there existed back then), with the
frequency compensation caps at each end of the package to keep traces
short, but after the board was laid out, I got a great deal on 1200 much
cheaper uA709s in DIP14 packages. I had a crew working a few evenings
with side cutters to make the DIP14s into DIP8s, all 1200 parts. Worked
great, almost 100% yield even though there were some holes in fingers,
and even though it did not look nearly as good as what you just did :-)

Didier KO4BB