[time-nuts] ARRL FMT

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sat Oct 28 02:06:04 UTC 2006

In a message dated 10/27/2006 9:07:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
didier at cox.net writes:

It is  back to the previous method of sending a clean CW signal.

I did not  participate previously, so I have no experience with the test.

If I  understand correctly, they will transmit on all 3 frequencies
simultaneously, but we are supposed to measure only the specific band
they announce at a time?

Since I only have a decent antenna for  80m, can I take advantage of all
3 transmit windows on 80m?

Didier  KO4BB

W4wj at aol.com wrote:
> The announcement for the 2006  Frequency Measuring  Test
> has finally appeared at the ARRL Web  site.
>
> For those of you that might be interested go  to:
>
> _http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/fmt/_  (http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/fmt/)
>

> 73,  Don, W4WJ

Hi Didier...

The "official" readings are taken for the band that is  announced.

Even though the exciters at W1AW are left on for an extended  period of time
before the test, there is some drift during the
test period.

I would suggest that you listen on 160 and 40 meters during  the callup to
determine wether you have a shot on those bands or  not.

If you are going to submit in the tenths of Hz, I would  suggest that you
only measure during the announced time for that  band.

Good Luck!!

73, Don, W4WJ