[time-nuts] Can anyone help?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Oct 28 17:00:11 UTC 2006

Hi Paul --

You can go down as deep a rathole with internet timing as we do with
atomic clocks :-), but in very gross terms if your computer is running
the "NTP" time daemon you can keep time to better than 100ms pretty
easily.  With a broadband connection and good choice of servers, a few
milliseconds is possible.

Earlier versions of Windows did not have a good timekeeping system, but
I understand that the latest service pack of XP is much improved; I
don't know how it compares with the "real" NTP program though.

John
----