[time-nuts] More Allan deviation data

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Sun Oct 29 19:46:51 UTC 2006

Didier,

> (even the menu now has a *normal* File->Open :-)

you take the credit for this!

73 de Ulrich, DF6JB

http://www.ko4bb.com/Test_Equipment/HP10811-GPS_10-29-2_Allan.png

Now that the data collection method seems to be getting close, I wonder
how I should use the data, and what it means.

The Allan deviation seems to taper around e-10 at 1000 seconds, then it
looks like it wants to keep getting lower.

As a reminder, this is the HP10811 against the GPS receiver. I am not
sure what I should expect?

Didier

PS: I am still planning to measure ambient temperature at the same time
as I collect TI, via the GPIB, using a HP 3478A voltmeter and a
thermistor. This way, I should be able to correlate frequency changes
and temperature changes. I assume I can tell Plotter to ignore the
temperature field or display it with its own scaling. Should I use a
specific character as field delimiter? (such as a comma, or just
spaces?)

(In the short term, temperature data will be thermistor values, until I
write the code to convert in degrees. )

Also, if I use time stamps, should I use field delimiter between the
time stamp and the data?

What is the time stamps are discontinuous (as if the laptop falls asleep

again), will that mess up Plotter?