[time-nuts] metric timekeeping

David Dameron ddameron at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 1 21:00:10 UTC 2007

Hi Chuck,
The French tried that about 1794-1795 (normal calendar year dates). Each
month (still 12 months/year) was to have 3 ten day weeks.
Each day was to be 10 hours of 100 minutes of 100 seconds.

I have discovered there is often more to systems of units than conversion
of units. For example, in electromagnetics, B and H are different things in
SI: T (v-s/m^2) and A/m. However they are the same (magnitude and units) in
gaussian cgs units, at least in free space.
-Dave D.
You wrote,
Life will always be a blended system, unless you decide you want a metric
day,
metric week, metric year... I don't think that nature will accommodate you
very
well.