[time-nuts] Source for DC power connector on HP 5061 and 5065?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Apr 6 22:20:22 UTC 2007

David Forbes said the following on 04/06/2007 04:30 PM:
> John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
>> Subject line says it all... I'm looking for the DC input power connector
>> used on the HP 5065A Rb and 5061A Cs standards.  Finding the
>> manufacturer/part number would be great; a source would even be better
>> (a source giving them away for free would be best, but I won't insist on
>> that :-) ).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>
> That looks like an Amphenol series 97 connector. They are sold by
> Newark, Allied etc. I have one of the 6 pin versions in front of me, but
> I don't know what the HP 3 pin number is off the top of my head.
>
> Also known as MS3100 series.

I found the manual reference -- it's a Cannon 3106E-14S-5S; there's also
an Amphenol equivalent.  Unfortunately, the only one of the major houses
that even lists it is Newark, and they have a minimum purchase of 78
with lead time 122 days!  And, the 50-99 price is $43.00 (1 through 9 is
$67.03; those prices don't surprise me, really).

I'm looking for three of 'em, new or used, if anyone has a source!

Thanks,
John