[time-nuts] Oops - wrong URL for tvb plot!

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Apr 11 01:20:10 UTC 2007

> OK. I'll see what I can do. I beleive I already have something, but I think I
> will have to massage it to do anything but ascii-tables.
>
> The phase and frequency offsets will naturally be canceled out by ADEV and
> MDEV. It is interesting to plot compensated and non-compensated data alongside
> each other with the drift there too.
>
> What do you use for generating the plots? GnuPlot?

Magnus,

In some cases, given raw phase data, I compute plain adev
and overlapping adev using my free adev.exe tool; see
    http://www.leapsecond.com/tools/adev1.htm

For more elaborate calculations I use Stable32.
    http://www.wriley.com/
You can plot or save tau/adev files form this.

For plotting quickly I screen capture plots from Stable32.
Some GIF's in http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/3gps/
were done that way.

For fancier plotting I extract tau/adev pairs from either
adev1 or Stable32 and make pretty log/log plots using
Excel; MRTG, gnuplot, grace are alternatives.

If anyone has other favorite plotting methods, please let
us know.

/tvb