[time-nuts] Crossing International Date line causes F-22 Jet Problems

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Thu Apr 12 09:17:17 UTC 2007

From: "Maggie Leber" <k3xs at arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Crossing International Date line causes F-22 Jet Problems
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:39:45 -0400

> On 4/11/07, Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net> wrote:
>
> > If the computer program is in the millions of lines and had this bug, what
> > other bugs does it have?
>
> Very similar to a bug in F-16 software that caused the fly-by-wire to
> roll the a/c inverted when it passed south of the equator. I believe
> that bug was caught in simulation testing, though.

I hate to discover yeat more bugs when flying over and around either the north
or south pole. Actually, the north pole drop out of the air would be more
serious since there is no resquers around where as there is a base not far from
the south pole.

Either way, I would be scared like hell if I was the pilot on any of those
flights, or rather if I was pilot in any other aircraft as well. :P

Cheers,
Magnus