[time-nuts] GPS: ADEV or MDEV?

Peter Schmelcher nebula at telus.net
Sat Apr 14 09:40:57 UTC 2007

>Surely its better to detect the pseudorange instability in software (if
>one has access)  rather than attenuating the signal from all SVs.
>Another option is to use multiple GPS antennae operating as a phased array.
>
>Bruce

Of course but I think that approach is part of sub nanosecond time transfer
accuracy. Attenuation is simple and the results are descent. The signal is
less than 6dB above the receiver noise floor to acquire SV. Unfortunately
the SV do not have matched output power so they are acquired and weighted
unequally. Also slow ionospheric disturbances are not rejected from the pps
solution. Not perfect but still good. I made a half hour WinOncore12 .bin
file april13_-10dB.rar that is extremely boring for the first half and then
somewhat revealing as SV are dropped, recaptured and then finally lost.
WinOncore is required to play it. Also thank you Didier for the use of your
ftp http://www.ko4bb.com/~manuals/

Peter