[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB/USB converter help...

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sun Apr 15 16:17:49 UTC 2007

> I just got one and am trying to get it running under Linux.  I have the
> low-level configuration right (I think) and the device is recognized and
> I can talk to it, after a fashion, on the /dev/ttyUSB0 port.

Hmmm ... it just works for me under Linux (Debian/Ubuntu), at least when it
is in the mood to talk.  (It is sometimes a bit fussy at first, but once it
gets going, it stays that way.)

My Prologix is quite old, so it may well have different firmware than yours.

(I use a lot of serial-usb dongles in my lab; they all work well with
Linux.)

Did you/can you verify your dongle works on a Windoze machine?  It is
probably a good idea to rule out a hardware problem.

-ch