[time-nuts] Fwd: "Antelope Audio Launches The Isochrone 10M Affordable Atomic Clocking Device"

Maggie Leber k3xs at arrl.net
Thu Apr 19 17:22:41 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Margaret Leber <maggie at voicenet.com>
Date: Apr 19, 2007 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] "Antelope Audio Launches The Isochrone 10M
Affordable Atomic Clocking Device"
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at febo.com>

On 4/19/07, David Forbes <dforbes at dakotacom.net> wrote:

> Also, it's hard to find a person capable of detecting the pitch error
> caused by any crystal oscillator being out of whack by the typical
> .01% of a cheap microprocessor crystal. That's less than a tenth of a
> Hertz at middle A!

That was kind of my thought. I have excellent *relative* pitch memory;
I can reproduce and recognize musical intervals very accurately.

But a digital clock would have to be grossly mistimed to matter
audibly. I just thought the time-nuts would be amused by that
platimum-plated sillyness.

--
Margaret Stephanie Leber CCP, SCJP, SCWCD
 http://voicenet.com/~maggie