[time-nuts] OT: Audiophoolery

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Fri Apr 20 06:53:38 UTC 2007

At 10:03 PM -0700 4/19/07, John Pettitt wrote:

>Excuse me while I gag.  $900 for a par of 3m wires!
>
>John

I actually have heard a difference in speaker cables once - albeit in
a system with six woofers wired in parallel. The resulting 2 ohm
impedance required a serious Phase Linear 800 watt amplifier and some
really big speaker cables to sound half-decent. These speakers,
driven by a 100W consumer Kenwood amp and/or 16 gauge zip cord,
sounded rather thin.

Of course, the solution was 12 gauge zip cord that cost 15 cents per foot.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/