[time-nuts] OT: Audiophoolery

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Fri Apr 20 21:54:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:55:16 -0400, John Day
<johnday at wordsnimages.com> wrote:

>The day I told him I played a trick on him. I invited him around to
>hear my system. In those days a pair of home-brewed Klipsch
>look-alikes. He raved, until he saw that the amp wasn't the big
>glowing thing on the bench, I was using a simple National
>Semiconductor LM2875 amp and some standard 3 core mains cable top
>connect it to the speakers. We still talk, but he is a little less
>boastful now. Sadly the Corner horns didn't survive a divorce and a
>move to smaller digs.

I feel yer pain buddy!  My real Klipsches didn't survive a fire.  Gawd
I miss those horns.  Those proved that excellent speakers make
everything else in the system relatively unimportant.

John, did you copy the folded horn design or just the looks.  I've
pondered trying to build another set but I think that degree of
woodworking skill is just beyond my capabilities.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill