[time-nuts] Advice on using a surplus LPRO-101 oscillator

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 18:04:14 UTC 2007

I recently acquired a surplus Datum/Efratom LPRO-101 Rubidium
oscillator, found a PDF manual from Datum and was wondering if anyone
had any advice or warning on using these oscillators.

I was planning on building a GPS disciplined oscillator using the LPRO
and the 1 PPS out initally from a Trimble Ace III until I get a
i-Lotus M12M Timing GPS.

I've seen comments that Brooks Shera GPSDO design could be improved
upon, and I was wondering if anyone has a concrete design for such an
improved GPSDO.

Thanks,
 Michael, VE3TIX