[time-nuts] 10MHz to 32MHz?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Apr 21 22:00:30 UTC 2007

Bruce,

Buy an HP 3586 on eBay (I paid $90 for my HP 3586A with OCXO), lock its
reference to the GPSDO, set it to 32 MHz and use the LO output. All you
need is a sturdy shelf (!!!) and a couple of cables. No soldering iron
required, no PIC programming or anything else :-)

Maybe not the most elegant, but you could find all sorts of things to do
with an HP 3586...

That will work with all sorts of non-standard Xtal oscillators in the
400 Hz to 32 MHz range, with 0.1 Hz resolution and pretty darn good
phase noise.

PS: I have a number of synthesized ham transceivers here, and they all
have funky reference oscillators...

Didier