[time-nuts] 10MHz to 32MHz?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sat Apr 21 23:00:37 UTC 2007

One solution: double the 10 MHz twice to get 40 MHz, divide by 5 with any
handy 74HC or 74F counter to get 8 MHz, and mix that with the 40 MHz signal
to get 32 MHz and 48 MHz.  Basic LC filtering should be adequate in the
10->40 MHz multiplier and the 32 MHz output sections.

Another solution: drive an AD9852 DDS with the 10 MHz, and pick a
clock-multiplier setting that gives the best SFDR near 32 MHz.  That only
requires two chips, but one of them would have to be a microcontroller.

-- john, KE5FX