[time-nuts] GPS: ADEV or MDEV?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 03:13:47 UTC 2007

In a message dated 4/22/2007 06:30:46 Pacific Daylight Time, didier at cox.net
writes:

> If  you want the lowest tempco and drift available try using an LTZ1000
>  (used in HP 8 1/2 digit DVMs).
>
>In those cases  where a thermally stabilized reference is undesirable
>(power  consumption, power dissipation, thermal stabilization time at
>power  up), see Thaler www.thaler.com
>They have the best (as far as I know)  thermally compensated references
>and the best initial  accuracy.

>Didier KO4BB

Hi Didier, Bruce,

Thanks for the pointers!

the Thaler ref is pretty nice, low noise too. The LT part is a bit complex
to properly put into an application, and both are probably not that cheap. I
like Intersils' new X60008 reference line, cheap, pretty good stability, very
good accuracy, and completely self-contained.

bye,
Said