[time-nuts] GPS: ADEV or MDEV?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 16:58:36 UTC 2007

In a message dated 4/23/2007 20:51:28 Pacific Daylight Time,  bruce
.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

>Of  course one can always resort to annealing out the retrace by
>controlled thermal cycling of the reference as Fluke (optionally) do  in
>their 7000 series references whenever continuous power is  lost.
>These 10V references use selected LTZ1000's to achieve a drift of  around
>1ppm/year.

>Bruce

Nice performance on the Fluke. Agree on the thermal sensitivities of the
DAC, reference etc. Long term Zener aging not so important for a GPSDO  of course.

BTW: I know of a test lab that "officially" tested a Fluke GPSDO for  someone
I know only to find it was not better than 1E-09.

They maintained that the unit was not broken, just bad...

bye,
Said