[time-nuts] Updated VLBI tutorial available on gpstime.com

Tom Clark, K3IO K3IO at verizon.net
Wed Apr 25 22:28:15 UTC 2007

Brooke Clarke asked:
> I didn't see in the VLBI slides what was done to "tune" the delay
> line, but did see a hint that there's been a firmware upgrade for it.
> Can you elaborate?
Rick's latest version uses a delay line with more per-bit precision (now
150 psec steps). We also found that Motorola (correction byte) and
Maxim/DSI (delay line bits) seemed to use different definitions of  "one
nsec" and Rick needed to sort out a scale difference (the reason my new
slides #29 & 30 are different from what's in our PTTI talk).

I think Rick got the cursor clock code from TvB.

73, Tom