[time-nuts] OT: eBay bidding question

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 18:00:53 UTC 2007

In a message dated 4/26/2007 06:02:25 Pacific Daylight Time,
mfeher at eozinc.com writes:

>by  the correct bid increment. At this point we do not know bidder  8's
>highest bid (known as his proxy bid), and maybe we never will.  Maybe he only
>bid $4050 exactly to outbid bidder 6. You not only have  to see the bid
>amounts, you have to look when they were placed also.  There is still over a
>day to go, so, who knows where it may wind up. So  far every bid that you see
>is the maximum amount placed by a given  bidder at the time shown, except for
>bidder

"professional" bidders will bid only in the last 20 seconds at their
absolute maximum $$ comfort level. That takes any emotion out of the  process, and
usually ensures no one else can outbid you (not enough time  left for the
competition).

Unfortunately everyone else has driven up the prices before that - that's
actually good if you are selling something :)

bye,
Said