[time-nuts] Trimble ACE-III GPS SNR Oddity...

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat Apr 28 21:03:25 UTC 2007

I have a few Trimble ACE-III receivers that I was going through setting
their communications since I had a cobbled interface setup on my workbench.

I'm not sure how, but for some reason one of the cards was showing a lot
higher SNR than the others... The receiver was showing SNR numbers in the
30's & 40's?!?! All the other receivers would show the satellites between
5-12 +/-

I unplugged it a couple times (no battery) and it would show the same
numbers always. I kept switching among receivers just to see what the SNR
numbers were between each. Finally I did a complete erase/reset on the goofy
one and that put things back to normal.

I'm not sure what I could have changed, or even what those higher up numbers
represented. There wasn't any other notation that changed, so I'm at a loss.
Anyone have an idea, or should I just claim it was gremlins?

Jason