[time-nuts] OT: eBay bidding question

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Sat Apr 28 22:57:41 UTC 2007

I believe this is correct, that is where sniping does not work too well
(manually or automatically). If you wait for the last second, and your
bid is below the reserve, you may not even realize until after the
auction is over. It actually still works the way I want it to. I bid as
high as I am willing to pay, and if it's too low, I don't get the item.
Pretty simple. Frustrating, but simple :-)

It means simply that when there is a reserve and I am the only bidder,
and my bid is below the reserve, I win the auction but don't get the
goods. That's the way the seller wants it, so that's fine with me.

Honestly, the other reason I don't bid on items with a reserve is that
usually the reserve is above what I am willing to pay, so it would be a
waste of time to bid on it, sniping or not. I am not cheap, just thrifty...

Didier