[time-nuts] Gentlemen, unlimber your Broadband Connections

Neon John jgd at johngsbbq.com
Sun Apr 29 18:41:13 UTC 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:32:51 -0500, Didier Juges <didier at cox.net>
wrote:

>John,
>
>Thanks a lot for that great reference. It's a good thing that basic
>principles of physics have not changed much in the last 50 years :-)

Yes, and the main reason I like these old texts so well is that they
tend to explain things in simpler mathematical terms.  When I open a
modern textbook and see calculus on the intro page....  A lot of
things require only a really good working knowledge, at the super tech
level, and not at the theoretical or blank paper design level.  These
old books tend to give that in spades.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
All great things are simple and many can be expressed in single words:
Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope.  -Churchill