[time-nuts] LF time signal emulation

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Apr 30 15:00:27 UTC 2007

Hi Jim:

I thought JJY was in Japan?
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/timefreq.shtml#RSL

I think the crew from what was called Temic has formed a new company called
C-MAX.  The C-MAX LF time signal receiver chips support automatic tuning to 3
frequencies using the same loop antenna by switching caps.  The ICs also know
the protocol for the various LF time stations, so products that use the C-MAX
chip will work world wide (if there's a signal), but older products are
typically specific to one frequency and protocol.
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/timefreq.shtml#VL

They have app notes on how to design the loop.
http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/Loop.shtml
Larger loops are more sensitive than smaller loops.

Joseph's suggestion of making a resonating loop is worth a try.  Remember to
orient the vertical loop both in azimuth and maybe tilt.  Maybe just wind it
around you house top to bottom.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com