[time-nuts] Fury Realhamradio listing

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Aug 20 19:43:28 UTC 2007

> We do see differences in our Fury GPSDO when it is running using an  M12+
> versus an M12M (all else being the same), the M12M receivers seem to have
> significantly less diurnal pertrubations than the M12+ (well, we are talking

Said,

I could be wrong, but diurnal perturbations sound like antenna,
location, or placement more than receiver. 12h or 24h period?

When you get to this level, the details about antenna model
and antenna placement start to make a difference. I wonder,
for example, if the M12M has more inherent noise immunity,
which for your location, makes it look better than an M12+.
Or if there are tempco issues.

Hard to say. Anyone else done a raw comparison between
those two receivers? Or do they vary slightly, unit to unit,
more than they vary model to model?

/tvb