[time-nuts] Super stable BVA Quartz resonators... BVA??

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Fri Dec 7 16:15:33 UTC 2007

Hello, All--

In doing some reading to educate myself on the relative
short and long-term stability characteristics of the best
grade quartz resonators, I find that BVA cut resonators
are on the leading edge of quartz crystal technology.

I have found out how a BVA resonator is fabricated, but
I have not discovered what the acronym "BVA" stands for.

I suspect that the "B" in "BVA" may refer to Raymond Besson
the discoverer of the BVA quartz resonator, but I
have not been able to confirm that.

Can anyone on the list shed some light on this?

Mike Baker