[time-nuts] Super stable BVA Quartz resonators... BVA??

Brian Styles brian.styles at cdmnet.org
Sat Dec 8 01:05:26 UTC 2007

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

> The option -008, ...  is about $14K. I'm told the yield
> of those is about a dozen per year, and the lead time to get one is
> around six months.

Hmm, not quite long enough to save up, then!

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know the Thomson-CSF
PMT P5-1E ?

It seems to offer a total stability of 5x10e-11 over a day and 1x10e-8
over 12 months. The latter figure isn't very far behind the best 8607.

I ask because I've had one of these Thomson trinkets kicking around for
a while (washed up from an abandoned project) and thought of building a
clock round it. My own obsession is with long-term accuracy rather than
the immediate spectrum. It has to beat the Synchronomes...

If anyone's played with a PMT P5-1E, I'd be most interested to hear.

Regards,

-Brian Styles