[time-nuts] Little 3-bayonet connector

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Sun Dec 9 17:21:29 UTC 2007

At 3:21 PM +0100 12/9/07, Bernd T-Online wrote:
>BTW: I proudly own a HP2801A plus two crystal sensor elements. However I
>cannot connect them to the instrument, because the 2801A has a special
>connector for it. It looks like a smaller version of a BNC connector,
>but the bayonet has three "nipples" instead of two. Does anyone on the
>list know what kind of connector that is and where to get the
>counterpart (plug)?
>
>Regards
>
>Bernd
>DK1AG

Bernd,

That is a real oddball connector. I encountered one inside a surplus
trunk-mount Motorola car telephone made in the 1970s.

The only submini bayonet connectors I find mentioned with Google are
the Kings KM which is like the BSM which Tektronix used, and Google
gives a photograph. It has two bayonet pins.

Unfortunately, if no one makes it anymore, data will be hard to find,
much less the actual connectors.

--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/