[time-nuts] 3 lug triax plug.

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 15:10:25 UTC 2007

Here is one source for this connector,
  http://www.helmut-singer.de/stock/-148524350.html
  not cheap, especially with the current exchange rate. They also have cut-off used triax plugs but only twin lug.

  Regards
  Robert G8RPI

Arnold Tibus <Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de> wrote:
  On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:21:46 +0100, Bernd T-Online wrote:

>BTW: I proudly own a HP2801A plus two crystal sensor elements. However I
>cannot connect them to the instrument, because the 2801A has a special
>connector for it. It looks like a smaller version of a BNC connector,
>but the bayonet has three "nipples" instead of two. Does anyone on the
>list know what kind of connector that is and where to get the
>counterpart (plug)?

>Regards

>Bernd
>DK1AG

Bernd and the group,
the system voltmeter hp 3437A does have this mentioned connector
as I see on my old work horse, sure you mean the same.
This connector is for double shielded separate isolated or twinax sym.
cable as used for very low voltage signals (thus avoiding unwanted gnd loops).
The inner coaxial connector is in fact of lower diameter, but
the outside shell has the same size as the std. BNC, but instead having
3 guide pins/slots.
Trompeter is one manufacturer, unfortunately I have to dig to find my
spare connector in the bag with the manuf. type no on.
HP does have a cable for RF-equipment Model 11172B with male on
both sides.
I add some pictures showing plug and connector.
I hope it can help clarifying a bit.

Kind regards,

Arnold, DK2WT

and follow the instructions there.