[time-nuts] John Vig elected President of IEEE

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Tue Dec 11 16:12:42 UTC 2007

I just opened this with Star Office 8 without a hitch. Star Office 8 is free
from Google by the way using their excellent Google Pack
http://pack.google.com/intl/en-gb/pack_installer_new.html?hl=en-gb&gl=uk&ciN
um=11

Also exported it out successfully to PDF.

I'm running Windows XP, so have all the usual MS True type fonts installed.
I'm guessing that anyone trying Open Office from a Linux distribution would
have problems.  Free SUSE 10.3 (which I have as a dual boot on one of my
machines) has the option to download and install the MS font set, so that
should solve the problem. Not sure about other Linux flavours.

Looks like John Vig used Arial for most of it anyway.

Rob K